Barossa Nursery is a local family-owned and operated Garden Centre in the Barossa Valley. Our beautiful multi-award-winning garden centre is open 7 days a week. We proudly provide quality plants, gardening products, gifts, homewares and lifestyle products for locals and visitors to the region.
In this full-time position, you will be assisting customers in our outdoor showroom while helping to maintain a neat and organised workspace. The role will include various roles in our outdoor showroom while assisting other team members in other areas as required.
Please email your application to: email@example.com
• A position that will encourage you to grow and develop new skills
• Build long term relationships with great staff and customers
• Being part of a friendly team environment
• Renumeration is according to the Nursery Industry Award.
• Exceptional customer service
• Watering and maintaining stock to a high standard
• Receiving, pricing & displaying stock lines
• Accurate processing sales of plants & lifestyle lines using POS & EFTPOS
• Customer special orders and follow-ups
• Plant and product care and maintenance
• Visual merchandising and providing inspirational ideas to customers
• General house cleaning procedures
• Heavy lifting is required in this role
• Understanding of Health & Safety practices
• Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm, Sunday 9 am to 5 pm, and Public Holidays 10 am to 4 pm. During our busy times, your role may require you to work outside your usual hours. This means being available and flexible to work on weekends and public holidays on occasions and penalty rates apply.
The successful candidate will require the following attributes:
• Energetic and enthusiastic customer service and enjoy helping people
• Excellent eye for detail
• Polite and courteous at all times
• Neat personal appearance
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivation and able to work unsupervised as well as working well in a team
• Current and valid driver’s licence
• Horticultural knowledge and/or qualifications would be highly regarded or an interest in plants or learning horticulture would be beneficial